Saturday, December 4, 2010

Watership down

Lots of rabbits out last night. Shared footprints in the first snow fall. Whimsical is all that comes to mind, both in physical description and feeling.

Today was top notch. Spent the morning trapped in my house with a french press and hundreds of vinyl records. The snow prevented me from driving to work, which was fine by me.

For lunch I steamed the largest golden beet I have ever seen. I was a bit disappointed to see it go, but that passed as soon as I ate it. I love beets. Especially sour beets. Love. Furthermore makes a Belgian beer out of fermented golden beets: Thermal Reefer. Top notch.

After lunch I went to Eyeopia to look at glasses. Eyeopia is this tiny local glasses boutique a few blocks away. So I laced up the boots and trudged out. Most amazing glasses experience I've ever had. They sit you down and pick out 20 or so glasses that they like on you while you drink hot cider. Then you look at what they picked out in the mirror and narrow it down. They even get other customers involved. Once you narrow it down, you can get your picture taken with the glasses on. They won't let you buy anything that day, though. You have to think about it for a week or so. Brilliant.

Came home and did two hours of yoga in an empty apartment. Perfect. Been doing a lot of yoga lately. It's really helped to clear my mind and has increased my flexibility tremendously. I've been far less achy in the mornings and have a lot more energy too. Then I ate a bunch of Kale with a bit of sea salt and washed it down with a hearty glass of kombucha (and a shot of bourbon). Add to that the Imperial stout I just had and things are shaping up to be a perfect evening.

1 comment:

  1. If this was the sort of day that I happened whenever it snowed heaps, I would definitely point my wagon train in a Northerly direction, boy howdy.

    ReplyDelete